Sunday, February 26, 2006

Strip Tease

Along with blogging and writing the novel "Acid Pulaski", I dabble with cartooning a bit. Last year I submitted a comic strip idea, "Newberry U" for publication, but it didn't get picked up (I've publishished samples here...if anyone's interested in seeing the whole submission, e-mail me and I will send you the 38 strips I submitted...could always use critiqueing). Anyway, I came up with another idea for one so I'm playing with trying to draw the characters now. Figured I'd post them as they come just to keep posting regularly.

This would be a politically themed comic with the main characters being US government stereotypes. The cast is:



Then there's the bad guys (I still need to work on these, not happy with this one at all):




And then the front line agents for the War on Terror:

So far, I've got 24 strips written, I just need to perfect the characters then it should start showing up in The JEP Report.

I also nearly posted another recipe today, but it didn't quite turn out right. I couldn't even get the dog to eat it.

1 Comments:

Blogger GMTMan said...

I like it, JEP!

That includes the "villans". What do you plan on re-working on them?

Can't wait to see more.

-GMT

P.S. I opened a Cafepress for personal products; I listed your store as a referral. I don't know if that does anything for your account, I hope it's something good...

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing