Friday, April 28, 2006

Stay Tuned...

I have had a drought of article ideas of late, but about a half hour ago, I did something while trying to overcome a case of writer's block that may just result in my best article EVER!
In the process of my experiment, I may have broken my nose and my right pinky finger. The kids were jolted out of bed terrified but I have since gotten them calmed down and back in their rooms. I have no idea where the dog is but I'm hoping he made it. The cops are riding around the neighborhood trying to figure out what happened as are a couple of the neighbors. Now, I need to to lay low for the rest of the night, take a bath to get all this gunk off of me, come up with something to tell the doctor if I have to go to the hospital tomorrow and make up something to explain all of this to the wife if she finds out about it. I also have to figure out how to write it all down.
I think this could turn out to be my major opus! I think this is going to be a case of spectacular stupidity resulting in pure genius!

5 Comments:

Blogger JEP said...

Quick Update. I don't think I broke anything, just took a little beating. I also talked to a police officer friend of mine who informed me that, technically, I did not break any laws but after hearing what had happened thought that the government should look into writing some additional legislation. There was also ne permanent damage to anything outside. Just a big mess that washed off with a water hose. After my neighbor saw me cleaning up, he quickly deduced that the source of last night's commotion was my back yard. I blamed it all on teenagers and went off on a tirade about the sad state of today's youth and how the bastards are completely without shame. We both agreed that the savages need more spankings.

12:45 PM  
Blogger jude said...

so...???

at least you might have the decency to make up a bad excuse for not explaining!!!

[just kidding. But do explain]

7:50 PM  
Blogger GMTMan said...

Damn teenagers, indeed. It's nice being able to finally say that.

For some reason, I'm picturing an explosion from a cannon in true Hunter S. Thompson style.

Can't wait to hear more, JEP!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tremble in anticipation as I await your explanation, fine sir. It's good to return to this blog after more than two months of excruciating real life interference. Two months without the splendid posts of one Mr. JEP. But now it is over. It's good to be back.
Your writing is as good as always and reading your posts already serves to drag me away from life's hardships and into literary bliss. Or it might just be the shots of beer, whichever sounds more likely.
And good god man, don't keep us waiting! People need to know of your exploits and/or bodily injuries!

-LoB

5:01 PM  
Blogger JEP said...

Hey Lob! Good to see you're back! Hope all is well in Portugal!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing