Sunday, January 15, 2006

Elsewhere on the Blogosphere........

One good thing about writer's block is that instead of spending tons of time trying to figure out what to put on this blog, I've been able to go out and start looking at others. When I first started doing this, I was searching rather randomly and what I came across were mainly teen-angst driven cyber diaries written by emotionally disturbed people (as teenagers usually are) with the literary abilities of lobotomized crustaceans (an admittedly hypocritical observation from someone who is too lazy to proofread, or for that matter, even spell-check his own damn blog posts). It seemed as if the advent of AOL-speak was poised to destroy the poetic flow that the English language has such potential for, particularly on the internet. I am a huge fan of good writing, not just in comedic form, but in any form that radiates interesting information in a format that is a pleasure to read. Of late, I've been a regular visiter of Musings, by Solo, a blog that emphasizes music and has been rather well enjoyed by someone who of late has not been keeping up on what's out there (Sacto Ritch - Musings is right up your alley).
I would also like to direct everyone's attention to The Daily Mr. Sir. Mr. Sir started another blog in which he has vowed to post random thoughts on a daily basis, and appears to have been failing miserably at it since it's inception. Mr. Sir is a great writer though and a fellow aspiring alchoholic, and I would reccomend him any time.
Then there's the Lorax Line, a blog from Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. Dartmouth was my earliest source of encouragement when I started The JEP Report, having somehow developed a small following at this prestigious institution of higher learning even though I have never set foot in college myself. This following seems to have largely dissapated though, leading me to believe that they all either graduated or just got better taste in the literature they choose to read on their time off. Anyway, Travis is a liberal but I won't hold that against him. He linked to The JEP Report on his blog so he can't be all that bad.
This morning I found In Erica's World. She only has five posts, but one of them was this, so I would say that she is off to a mighty fine start.

2 Comments:

Blogger Solo said...

Thanks for the link JEP! Great posts of late. I'm just glad we haven't gotten into the political arena yet! However, from your tag line I can acknowledge you've got well-rounded views! :)

But you know, when it comes down to it, art, in whatever it's expression, and in it's most sincere forms, transcends religion and politics.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure your writing abilities will get you published shortly!

7:45 AM  
Blogger N/A said...

Thanks, Jep.

I will make an effort to put down the bottle long enough to get to my keyboard... at least 2/3 times a week.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing