Saturday, September 10, 2005

Who's Reading From Japan?

Checking my site meter, I can see that someone is reading this from an armed forces computer somewhere along the Pacific Rim. Speak up! I would love to hear if things over there are the same as I left them eleven years ago. Is Japanese seafood still as much fun to play with as it was horrific to eat? Is Kim-Chi mixed with liberal amounts of rice vodka still capable of producing ear-splitting flatulence that can kill a cocker spaniel at thirty-spaces? Can the bar girls in the Philippines still...................well, that question may cross my own self-imposed standards of decency on The Jep Report. We'll let that one lie.
Let me know how it is over there. I'd love to hear from you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jep.

Good timing on this post, as I just finished reading your blog in its entirety. Mark me down as another regular reader. I've read a lot of your articles on Gab, and recently heard reference to your website, so I checked your profile and found my way here.

Japan is great, though none of my experiences in the Asian Pacific area can even compare to most of yours, though I occasionally remember forgotten details of drunken nights spent on Diego Garcia. I'm stationed in Misawa (going on 4 years now), and can't wait for the snow to start falling again so I can get back on my board!

1:06 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

4 years in Asia and no sea stories?!?! I knew that eventually political correctness would eventually kill everything that was fun about the navy.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard! Hey, if you ever make it down to Sasebo, let me know beforehand. I'll give you a message to take to Steve Morgan, the owner of Shooter's bar.

Glad to have you aboard!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lack of sea stories is largely due to the fact that I've never been on (or seen, for that matter) a ship, which also means no port calls. And I pretty much got all of the wild partying out of my system during my 2 years on Diego (not much else to do there).

8:18 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

Ugh, I can imagine Diego to be a freakin' nightmare. I almost applied for a civilian job at MSC there after I was discharged but figured ot was just too isolated for me. My sanity generally hangs on a thin string as it is and I don't think it would have made it through that level of isolation. I don't know how you did it.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing