Monday, September 05, 2005

Who'd have thunk.....

...that all of these epics would translate into 283 double spaced pages that would make up the manuscript that, after I proofread it, will be sent to a book publisher in the hopes of harvesting some fruit from this labor? Now nothing to do but bore myself by reading my own stuff and hope that some editor somewhere will be just as drunk reading this as I was writing it and think that it has some sort of commercial potential. Once it is sent, all I can do is sit back and wait for the rejection slips to start filing in.
I could use some Mojo......and some publicity. Tell every internet geek you know about The JEP Report (except you GMT Man...if word of this gets out at work I may be jeapordizing potential advancement at my day job). The more of a following I get here, the better I can convince the editors that the manuscript has value.
If the book is published, I promise you that all the proceeds will go to the JEP Foundation, helping to promote irrational and irresponsible behavior across the globe in addition to helping fund the further alcoholic misadventures of the author so that more material can grace the pages of this blogsite and hopefully, more book manuscripts to come.
Once again, thank you all for reading and all of the encouragement you have given. We'll see how this thing goes.
JEP

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my mojo are belong to you.

I hope everything goes well. If any editor has even a tenth of the enjoyment I had reading this, you'll be sure to get yourself a publishment. You sir, have tremendous writing skills, and your drunken antics are entertainment gold. Best of luck.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:03 PM  
Blogger JEP said...

Thanks LOB!

Much appreciated! If things go well, I'll send you a copy. Now, excuse me while I delete the SPAM post above.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck. I certainly hope that you do find some funding to send you on new alcohol induced bouts of hilarity. The notes from skid row (I think was the title) was the article that originally drew me to this website and would love to read of many more misadventures in the future.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mojo sent!

Good luck. When it's published, I'll buy 20 copies.

-Joe

8:53 PM  
Blogger JEP said...

Thanks Grabem and Joe!:

Payment for mojo will be one free copy sent to all regular readers up until this point!

8:57 PM  
Blogger GMTMan said...

While I won't shout this from the rafters at work (seeing as they're mostly empty and/or covered with abestos from the roofing job last fall), I will pass it on to friends - as I've been doing.

I know a lot of collegiate-aged persons who find your posts downright hilarious and enthralling to read. And yes, that is a compliment.

BTW; there's a way in Blogger to eliminate spam postings by word verification on comments:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Jep, ill try to spread the word at work

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*crosses fingers and toes and all manner of bodily parts for Jep*

I really, really, really hope this happens for you. And you know I will be first in line for my copy.

You could post a link to the JepReport on the new Zug link thing. Sure, it's shameless, but when have you cared about that befor?!, Plus it would be a good way to get some more people.

You had better swing by N.Ireland on your beer fuelled book launch!

-hannah

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Jep!

I'm sending you good vibes.

You'll autograph my copy for me if I ask nicely, right?


Cindy

9:15 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

Thanks GMT, Blah, Hannah and Cindy! Free books to all if everything goes well!

And GMT, I considered the spam blocker but I've had difficulty with those in the past. The last thing I want to do is make commenting more difficult. I'd rather have the feedback and just delete the spam. Thanks for the offer tip, though.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing