Friday, September 09, 2005

Random Notes


One full week into my new job and I’m already discovering the dark side. I am by no means a morning person and I’m starting to feel the effects of regularly waking up at an hour that would make the Amish shake their heads in profound amazement. I’m also discovering that I am horribly ill equipped for this job from a technological standpoint. My new computer is not fast enough to keep pace on the 100 meter dash track at the Special Olympics let alone fit enough to limp along the shoulder of the information superhighway. My new office phone will not work unless you hold the handset cord a certain way, stand on one leg, drop your pants down around your ankles and sing the third verse of Britney Spears’ “Oops – I Did It Again”. I have had to resort to using my cell phone for all conversations because no one around me seems to appreciate Mrs. Spears’ contributions to American pop music nor that particularly irritating cracking in my voice when I try to hit those really high notes. On the bright side, I have to go outside to the smoking area every time I have to make a call so at least my addiction is well fed. Still, even that could get old once the arctic air takes control around here come November.

Yep, it was a slow day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing