Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Newfound Respect for Che Guevara

I am currently reading “The Motorcycle Diaries” which is basically a collection of notes written down by Communist revolutionary icon Ernesto “Che” Guevara during a biking trip he took around South America in the 1950’s (yes, I realize it is unconventional reading for a Republican). One particular passage that I thought the world of Gab may appreciate went as follows:
“Ever aided by the letter of recommendation from the “press”, we were put up by some Germans who treated us very well. During the night I had a bad case of the runs and, being ashamed to leave a souvenir in the pot under my bed, I climbed out onto the window ledge and gave up all of my pain to the night and blackness beyond. The next morning I looked out to see the effect and saw that two meters below lay a big sheet of tin where they were sun-drying; the added spectacle was impressive. We beat it fast.”
I have to admit I found the prospect of the sight of a future peoples’ revolutionary leader projectile pooping upon the proletariat’s peaches absolutely hilarious, though maybe only because I have been there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing