Sunday, December 04, 2005

I Just Realized That...

….today is The JEP Report’s first birthday. One year ago today, I sat down in front of my computer and started a website with no idea at all of what it should be about. During that time, I had a new baby, bought a new house and got a new job. Hopefully, this next year will be a little less eventful and I’ll have more time to do the things that inspire more regular posting, such as abusing my liver. So, what have I gained through blogging? Well, I guess I could try to sum it up and see if it’s been worth the effort:

I got a free book. Brian C. Anderson wrote “South Park Conservatives” and sent me a copy to review. He obviously overestimated my importance.

Encouragement. I’ve always wanted to be a professional writer and doing this has given me the confidence to actually pursue it. I’ve been building a pretty decent collection of rejection slips over the past 12 months.

Invitations to drink in different parts of the world. That’s important. I love to travel but hate doing it sober.

So, who’s reading this drivel? Well, you know who you are. Judging from my site meter, there’s far more readers than the few who comment and keep me encouraged to keep writing (LoB, Blah, Grab’em, Jasco, Cindy, GMT and of course, my original fans, Hannah and Sacto Ritch. I thank you very very much for your comments. Without feedback, its impossible to keep writing because you think no one is reading it. Bloggers are like the original attention whores.) For instance, there’s someone who works for Boeing that seems to check in almost every day. Though I’ve never heard from them, its good to see you there. Then there’s the person from Haliburton who does pretty much the same (I like to pretend that one’s Dick Cheney looking for some comic relief in between running the war in Iraq and trying to sneak peeks up Condoleeza Rice’s dress when she’s not looking). I’d like to thank them as well.

My plans for the next year are not quite formed yet. I have a trip to Indiana in a couple weeks that could be good for a story or two, plus I should be going back to Mexico for the first time in six years in a few months. That should be good for something as well.

By the way, I stumbled across another site through Zug of an aspiring stand up who runs a great blog as well. If you like The JEP Report, I’m sure you’ll like Where The Hell Was I also. Tell him JEP sent you.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope I can manage to drum up another year’s worth of material for you guys through 2006!

JEP

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo! Go JEP! Sorry I haven't commented in a while.

-Joe

9:23 PM  
Blogger JEP said...

Joe! Great to hear from you! How're the Pats doing?

9:29 PM  
Blogger JEP said...

Great to have you back Ritch, its the same thing here. In fact, I'm terrified to look at the mess that must be my fantasy football team. I've just been too swamped to follow anything football related outside of Michigan. Tell everyone I said hello out there!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya, Jep!

Thanks for the link and kind words, and happy blogiversary! I hope someday to build a stack of rejection letters, myself. Show me the path, o sherpa.

Also, Condi's upskirt line? I am so clicking you for that, when I get back to Zug. Sweet.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JEP sorry to destroy your fantasy but I am not Dick Cheney. You do keep me laughing though, so keep up the great work. Cogratulations on your one year anniversary!I have loved every minute of it.

Ron

12:30 PM  
Blogger JEP said...

Hi “Ron”! Glad to have you here, thanks for the blogoversary wishes and I’m happy to hear you like the sight enough to keep coming back. I’d also like to let you know that I will pay top dollar for exclusive pictures of Condi’s undergarments.

(I hold on to my fantasies pretty hard).

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word of mouth moves kind of slowly even in the modern age of technology JEP. I never new you had the activism in you. Now if you could just get spell check on this damn thing for some of us! As far as Condi goes, are you sure she even wears them? Or then again, there have been times where I'd swear they were in a bunch!

1:56 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

Mother Mayhem! Great handle there buddy! Fitting.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now come on JEP. Everyone has a little creativity in them regardless of what dedep, dark, corner of their sole it might have receeded, or been driven, to. Regardless, you couldn't have watched Condi's confirmation hearings without thinking things were bunching up with some of the questions being asked.

I, for one, was hoping she would talk in more detail on her record, starting with her driving record and let the honorable Senator Kennedy from Massachusetts respond in kind.

Your Mother

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing