Friday, October 14, 2005

Getting Behind

My apologies to everyone for not keeping up on my comments and, for that matter, posting in general. I am hoping that I can catch up this weekend but I’ve got to attend a Jimmy Buffet-themed funeral memorial on Saturday (65 year old man died of a heart attack while roller blading. Man, I hope that in 30 years I’m still active enough to be a candidate for dying like that) and on Sunday I’m hoping to get some more of the Acid Pulaski introduction written. Even though I deliberately picked the stupidest plot I could think of for a book, I actually really like the way the story outline is starting to shape up. I even came up with a surprise ending that I’m quite proud of actually. I’m sure no one will see it coming and will probably be pissed once they read it. In fact I am so smug about it that if I ever make it that far, I will probably not publish the last chapter of it on the internet to keep the ending from being common knowledge and hurt the book’s publication chances (free copies will go to frequent blog commentors anyway so you don’t feel gypped into buying it if I get lucky enough to get it published).

Anyway, I would like to once again apologize for not being able to respond to comments lately. Like I said before, if you take the time to comment, the least I can do is take the time to answer you. Sorry I’ve gotten behind.

-JEP

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having the same problem myself as of lately, I know what it's like not having time to catch up or write. No problem, man. And I would definitely buy your book if I wasn't living in the cesspit that is good old Portugal and had access to a credit card, regardless of me commenting regularly or not.

10:05 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

Portugal? Cesspit? How dare you! How could the inventers of Madeira wine and the country of Brazil be called a cesspit?

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know. The usual corrupt politicians, ridiculous laws, a people that is, with few exceptions, ignorant and self-absorbed. It usually takes someone actually from a specific country to see it for its flaws. Oh, that and it takes ages for stuff to get here, not that that isn't to be expected. We do have good beer and wine though, which pretty much makes up for everything else. By the way, I miraculously evaded a hangover.

10:18 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

You do realize that you just exquisitely described virtually every country on earth don't you?

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking that just as I was writing it.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries mate. I don't mind having to wait for a new post, because it is always worth the wait.

I am certainly anticipating the release of the book.

1:05 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

Thanks Jasco. One of these days I hope to get it written.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing