Sunday, April 10, 2005

Wild Pity Lovin'

Recently at ZUG.com, a woman started a conversational thread regarding pity sex. I found myself fairly surprised to find how many people admitted to having given sex because they felt sorry for the person or had received it because someone felt sorry for them.

Personally, I do not believe that I have ever slept with a woman because I felt sorry for her. There may have been some incidents that I could have later claimed to have been pity-inspired but in reality were most likely caused by either an overactive libido, tragically low standards or the aggressive aversion I had to prolonged periods of bleak sobriety in my younger years.

As for receiving it, one case in particular comes to mind. I was in Long Beach CA and after one particularly brutal bender I found myself having woken up next to a woman who was well out of my league. I remembered the night we spent together quite fine but was very murky about the events that led up to it. After she woke up, she called me by something other than my real name, kissed me and asked me if the night we shared together made me feel better about what had happened to me. I assured her that it most certainly had and left shortly afterwards.

To this day, I have no idea what line of manure I had given her but I can assure you I spent a long time after that trying to figure it out. I’m sure it would have come in handy later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pity Sex - I'm inclined to believe alcohol has a large part to play in this.

6:31 AM  
Blogger JEP said...

I would put my money on it.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The JEP Report Store Reader Sites
  • Inflammable Hamster
  • Right Michigan
  • Great Writing